KNOX COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – Knox County Sheriff’s Office has identified the victim, a Knoxville man, from the fatal Friday afternoon crash on Schaad Road.
KCSO identifies the victim as 65-year-old Grady E. Chandler of Knoxville.
1 dead, 1 hospitalized in Northwest Knox County crash
EARLIER: One person has died and another has been hospitalized after a head-on collision Friday afternoon, Knox County authorities confirmed.
Knox County Rural Metro Fire, Knox County Rescue, and Knoxville Fire responded to a crash on Schaad Road near Pleasant Ridge Road around 12:45 p.m. Friday. Upon their arrival they found two vehicles that appeared to collide head-on.
One occupant was pronounced dead on the scene while another occupant was transported to a nearby hospital.
Schaad Road will remain closed while the crash is reconstructed and investigated by the Knox County Sheriff’s Office.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Newsfeed Now: Officer saves 2-year-old boy; WWII canteen returned to family
- Romney says he won’t block vote on Trump Supreme Court pick
- Anderson County Veterans Day Parade canceled due to COVID-19
- Caught on Camera: Arkansas officer saves two-year-old boy choking on piece of candy
- WWII veteran’s canteen found in St. Louis, makes its way back to Oklahoma