UNION COUNTY (WATE) – A Knoxville teenager has died and a Union County deputy was injured in a crash Thursday in Union County.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the crash happened just after 4 p.m. Thursday in the 4300 block of Maynardville Highway.
Julian Osborne, 18, of Knoxville was killed when southbound Union County deputy Christopher Irick, 46, struck her driver’s side door after she entered Maynardville Highway from the Food City parking lot.
Irick was unable to avoid colliding with Osborne’s and struck it in the driver’s side door. Irick was transported to the hospital with injuries.
Both Osborne and Irick were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. No charges are pending.
- Massive sargassum seaweed bloom takes surprising turn
- Pride now a minefield for big companies, but many continue their support
- Biden-Harris administration announces $27.5M in funding to improve railroad safety in Tennessee
- Shared sentence: Separation takes toll on incarcerated moms and their kids
- ‘Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse’ has massive $120.5 million opening