UNION COUNTY (WATE) – A Knoxville teenager has died and a Union County deputy was injured in a crash Thursday in Union County.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the crash happened just after 4 p.m. Thursday in the 4300 block of Maynardville Highway.
Julian Osborne, 18, of Knoxville was killed when southbound Union County deputy Christopher Irick, 46, struck her driver’s side door after she entered Maynardville Highway from the Food City parking lot.
Irick was unable to avoid colliding with Osborne’s and struck it in the driver’s side door. Irick was transported to the hospital with injuries.
Both Osborne and Irick were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. No charges are pending.
- Colorado monitoring 2 people after monkeypox exposure on flight
- Knoxville City Council to meet Tuesday night, confirm African American Equity Restoration Task Force
- British swimmer beats COVID twice to win gold at Olympics
- 4 horses test positive for Potomac horse fever in Tennessee
- ‘It’s a celebration to wear this’: Inside the Japanese tradition of kimonos