UNION COUNTY (WATE) – A Knoxville teenager has died and a Union County deputy was injured in a crash Thursday in Union County.
According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, the crash happened just after 4 p.m. Thursday in the 4300 block of Maynardville Highway.
Julian Osborne, 18, of Knoxville was killed when southbound Union County deputy Christopher Irick, 46, struck her driver’s side door after she entered Maynardville Highway from the Food City parking lot.
Irick was unable to avoid colliding with Osborne’s and struck it in the driver’s side door. Irick was transported to the hospital with injuries.
Both Osborne and Irick were wearing seatbelts at the time of the crash. No charges are pending.
- Tracking coronavirus: Knox County active cases dip, 125 residents hospitalized
- Memphis man charged with attempted first-degree murder after he tried to run down deputies, sheriff’s office says
- Titans and Colts play for first place in AFC South
- Vanderbilt kicker Sarah Fuller shares historic spotlight with Nashville nonprofit
- Lady Vols beat Western Kentucky 87-47 in season opener