SAVANNAH, Ga. (WSAV) – A 1-year-old boy from Cobb County has become the youngest victim of COVID-19 in Georgia.
The Department of Public Health (DPH) reported his death on Friday. The agency says comorbidity — or the presence of more than one disease or condition — was a factor in his death.
The only other information provided is that he was African-American.
Five juveniles have now fell victim to the virus, according to DPH, including a 7-year-old from Chatham County.
Statewide, Georgia has seen more than 5,000 deaths due to COVID-19.
- Knox County reports 22nd COVID-19 death in September, 107 new cases & 130 new inactive cases
- No injuries reported in partial collapse of Bristol hotel under construction
- Shelby County Sheriff calls use of new ‘e-shields’ a ‘regrettable mistake’
- ‘I have nothing left’: Sentimental items stolen from 90-year-old man while preparing to evacuate wildfire
- Trump vows to designate KKK, Antifa as terrorist groups