NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- Mid-Atlantic Crossfit Challenge qualifier coming to Knoxville
- Tennessee Bureau of Investigation welcomes K-9 ‘Honey’ to its team
- Leaders show support at groundbreaking of Dogan-Gaither Flats — affordable housing for former inmates
- Asteroid the size of 3 football fields to pass by Earth tonight
- Job numbers up in US, Biden says more needs to be done to help Americans