NEW YORK (WFLA) — Among the 301 graduates into the New York City Fire Department Tuesday, 13 of them are children of firefighters killed on Sept. 11, according to KTVI.
“Every day that I came to the academy, I was grateful to be there and to follow in the footsteps of my father, brothers, uncle, and all those who came before. This is exactly where I want to be,” said Probationary Firefighter Rebecca Asaro.
Asaro’s father, Carl Asaro, was one of the 343 FDNY members killed on Sept. 11.
For photos of the graduation ceremony, click here.
- There’s no place like home for the holidays, and the Oak Ridge Boys are no exception
- Former NFL star Marshawn Lynch hands out 200 Thanksgiving turkeys in Hawaii
- Here’s why it’s crucial to quarantine for 14 days after COVID-19 exposure
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- Sevierville Police warn of heavy weekend traffic ahead of Black Friday