UPDATE: (3:30 p.m. Sept. 24) — The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office has released the names of the mother and son who were killed Wednesday in a house fire in Dandridge.
According to JCSO, yesterday’s house fire in Dandridge on Scarlett road were identified as Wilma Foland, 86, and Michael Foland, 57, died in the fire around 6:40 a.m.
An investigation is still underway.
DANDRIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are at the scene of a Dandridge house fire that killed two people on Wednesday.
Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office criminal investigators along with bomb and arson investigators with the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are on the scene of a double fatal house fire on Scarlett Road in Dandridge. Crews first responded to the scene around 6:40 a.m. Wednesday.
Jefferson County Sheriff Jeff Coffey told WATE’s Blake Stevens that a mother and son were killed in the blaze. Foul play is not suspected based on preliminary findings, he said.
Sheriff Coffey also said the house was not equipped with a fire alarm.
An active investigation is ongoing. No other information was immediately available.
- Protesters gather to oppose Knox County mandates
- Woman killed in Greeneville apartment fire, according to police
- Early voting continues Monday, new voting center opens on UT’s campus
- Steelers dominate early, hold off Titans for 27-24 win
- Trump’s support hits six month high in key battleground states