NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association Board of Control is adding a classification for basketball, baseball and softball.
The change approved Monday starts in the 2021-2022 school year. The board voted to increase the number of Division I classes from three to four in the three sports.
The organization said in a news release that the board voted to continue to bring eight teams to the state tournament in each of the three sports.
Football will keep the same number of classes: six in Division I and three in Division II. Other sports will see no change.
- US Justice Department hits Google with biggest antitrust lawsuit in two decades
- Stream and scream! Here are the horror movies you can watch right now
- Reese’s tricked-out Halloween door dispenses hands-free treats
- Gifty: New and unusual pandemic-proof games for the holidays
- Newsfeed Now: Trump campaigns in PA; Changes to Thursday’s presidential debate