SWEETWATER, Tenn. (WATE) – Sweetwater Police officers on Tuesday confiscated 30 pounds of candy laced with THC, the psychoactive component in marijuana.
Officers responded to closed business Tuesday morning for a report of a suspicious person in a vehicle. Contact was made with the subject and officers observed narcotics in the passenger seat.
The vehicle was searched and officers located three large bags in the trunk which contained over 200 THC-laced edibles packaged to resemble store-bought products.
“This is a concern of the Sweetwater Police Department because of the way these drugs were packaged, which makes it dangerous for our youth”Sweetwater Police Chief Robert Byrum
Police said the total THC dosage in the confiscated materials is approximately 159,000 milligrams.
- FBI offers reward for information in shooting deaths of Austin-East students
- Nurse paralyzed from COVID-19 complications returns to Florida after months in Massachusetts hospital
- At least 15 dead after SUV carrying 27 crashes with semitruck near US-Mexico border
- Man accused of cutting out dog’s heart in ritual to clear demons from home
- Merck to help make J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine, White House official says