NEWPORT, Tenn. (WATE) – Cocke County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating after 60 cartons of cigarettes were stolen from a Newport convenience store.
The Cocke County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a burglary after 60 cartons of cigarettes were stolen from a convenience store on Highway 160 in Newport.
A store clerk reported she arrived to open the store on Monday to find a large hole smashed through the rear wall of the building. The hole was large enough for the burglar to reach through and access cartons of cigarettes stored inside the business.
A total of 60 cartons of cigarettes, valued at $3,000, were taken. In addition to wall damage estimated at $1,000.
Interior security footage was recorded at 4:30 a.m. Monday. This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Toddlers abandoned by smugglers at border wall released from Border Patrol custody
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection
- In-person learning ‘only way’ to get students back on track, Gov. Lee says
- Biden meets with bipartisan group of lawmakers to discuss American Jobs Plan
- ‘It’d be my honor’: Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson backs poll showing support for presidential run