CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) — The Anderson County Sheriff’s Office is celebrating a big win for its mission to protect and serve the community – a grant that will help with mental health transportation.
The sheriff’s office received a grant of $165,000 that will allow the department to contract with a state-approved provider so that mental health patients can be transported by medically trained staff who can meet their immediate needs.
ACSO saying Wednesday this grant will help ease the burden placed on the department and on taxpayers.
- Carole Baskin booted from ‘Dancing with the Stars’
- 6 Storm Team Starwatch: Monday, September 28th – Sunday, October 4th 2020
- City of Cleveland prepares to host first presidential debate of 2020
- Floridians react to the lifting of state coronavirus restrictions
- Stimulus check, $600-per-week jobless benefit included in new virus aid proposal