CLINTON, Tenn. (WATE) — The Anderson County Sheriff’s Office is celebrating a big win for its mission to protect and serve the community – a grant that will help with mental health transportation.
The sheriff’s office received a grant of $165,000 that will allow the department to contract with a state-approved provider so that mental health patients can be transported by medically trained staff who can meet their immediate needs.
ACSO saying Wednesday this grant will help ease the burden placed on the department and on taxpayers.
- Message in a bottle discovered decades after it floated away
- Majority of U.S. Catholics say abortion should be legal in most cases, survey shows
- MRI researcher may have accidentally discovered how gas planets are magnetic
- Illinois girl, 3, fell from window at her home, died from cold, police say
- Knox County holds COVID-19 vaccine clinic on Saturday