(WSPA) – The popular A&E show “Live PD” has been canceled, the show’s host Dan Abrams confirmed on Twitter Wednesday night.
The cancellation of the show comes in the wake of George Floyd’s death and protests against police brutality, as well as the cancelation of “Cops” by the Paramount Network on Tuesday.
“This is a critical time in our nation’s history and we have made the decision to cease production on ‘Live PD,’” A&E said in a statement to Deadline. “Going forward, we will determine if there is a clear pathway to tell the stories of both the community and the police officers whose role it is to serve them. And with that, we will be meeting with community and civil rights leaders as well as police departments.”
The shows follows several police departments around the country, with the host tossing to live action from different officers’ patrols.
- Sevier County rental cabin fire extinguished before spreading to surrounding woods
- TBI cold case update: Others may have been involved in 2010 murder of Monroe Co. election commissioner
- ‘Viral shedding’: What is it and when are people with COVID-19 most infectious?
- Safe Thanksgiving travel tips amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Dolly Parton picks up a 2021 Grammy nomination