SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Dolly Parton has released a new song about living life to the fullest after the coronavirus pandemic.
Released exclusively to Entertainment Weekly on Wednesday, Parton told the magazine she was inspired to write ‘When Life is Good Again’ during quarantine about how we can become better people in the face of hardship.
When life is good again,
I’ll be a better friend
A bigger person
when life is good again
More thoughtful than I’ve been
I’ll be so different then
More in the moment when
life is good againDolly Parton on ‘When Life is Good Again’
Parton has remained an active community member amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. She began a 10-part web series reading books from her Imagination Library to children called, “Goodnight with Dolly”, and donated $1 million to Vanderbilt for research on a cure for the coronavirus.
Dollywood voluntarily closed in March to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19. In April, the theme park announced employee furloughs due to the extended closure. The company also announced the extension of 2020 Season pass tickets into 2021.
Dollywood officials said on May 15 they would announce their reopening plans ‘soon’.
- Target joins list of major retailers mandating masks
- BIG EAST becomes latest conference to switch to conference-only schedule this fall
- ‘Back to the Future’ DeLorean, Batmobile and Ectomobile replicas put up for sale by US Marshals
- 33-year-old tech CEO found dismembered in luxury NYC condo
- 6 Things to Know about Knox County Schools reopening plan