MEMPHIS, Tenn. — Amazon says it has awarded $10 million to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital in Memphis through its AmazonSmile program.
Amazon donates 0.5% of the item purchase price to shoppers’ charity of choice when they shop at smile.amazon.com. Millions of shoppers have choses St. Jude.
St. Jude is the first charity to reach the $10 million mark through the charity, Amazon said.
“We are beyond grateful for the generous spirit of Amazon, which has made possible these innovative programs that make it simple to support charities including St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital,” said Richard C. Shadyac Jr., President and CEO of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
- 103-year-old Massachusetts man who lived through Spanish flu, polio outbreak gets COVID-19 vaccine
- New, more contagious strain of coronavirus fuels spike in Southern California cases
- New CDC director takes over beleaguered agency amid crisis
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob