ANDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man was hospitalized Monday after sustaining gunshot wounds to his leg.
Anderson County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched to Defoe Road just after 10 a.m. Monday for a male with gunshot wounds to his leg.
Upon arrival, deputies located the victim and noticed a large amount of blood loss. A deputy applied a tourniquet to the wound prior to EMS arrival.
The victim was transported to UT Hospital and was in surgery at the last update.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Family of 12-year-old girl who died from flu speaks out
- Positively Tennessee: Snidow making a difference with staff, patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital
- The Business Buzz: Zoo Knoxville hosting seasonal job fair
- Bill would create sex assault solutions task force for Coast Guard
- New postmaster general could signal big changes to postal service