ANDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man was hospitalized Monday after sustaining gunshot wounds to his leg.
Anderson County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched to Defoe Road just after 10 a.m. Monday for a male with gunshot wounds to his leg.
Upon arrival, deputies located the victim and noticed a large amount of blood loss. A deputy applied a tourniquet to the wound prior to EMS arrival.
The victim was transported to UT Hospital and was in surgery at the last update.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- 68,000-square-foot rehabilitation hospital opens in Knoxville
- Police searching for man who tried to get into Inskip Pool cash register
- Background checks blocked a record high 300,000 gun sales in 2020
- US Olympic skateboarding team unveiled, rolling toward Tokyo
- Laurel County man arrested for allegedly shooting woman in chest