ANDERSONVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – A man was hospitalized Monday after sustaining gunshot wounds to his leg.
Anderson County Sheriff’s Office deputies were dispatched to Defoe Road just after 10 a.m. Monday for a male with gunshot wounds to his leg.
Upon arrival, deputies located the victim and noticed a large amount of blood loss. A deputy applied a tourniquet to the wound prior to EMS arrival.
The victim was transported to UT Hospital and was in surgery at the last update.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- The best-paying occupations that don’t require an advanced degree
- Self-defense claimed in stabbing death at apartments on Inskip Drive
- Man sought after 5-year-old killed in North Carolina shooting, police say
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports 10th death in August, 46th total
- Metro Health Dept. reports 287 new COVID-19 cases in Nashville