KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Dozens of festive floats will make their way through downtown Knoxville Friday night for the 47th annual WIVK Christmas parade.
This holiday favorite will step off onto Church Street at 6 p.m. and travel along Gay Street to Magnolia Avenue.
There will be high school marching bands, dance groups, costumed characters, theme floats, vintage vehicles and the man of the hour, Santa Claus.
This year’s grand marshal will be the University of Tennessee’s mascot “Smoky”.
Streets along and near the parade route will close to parking and traffic as early as 4:30 Friday afternoon.
- Employee temporarily loses workers’ compensation after company files for bankruptcy, shuts down
- UT president’s goals for 2020
- Read City USA book drive aims to improve family literacy in Knox County
- Family of 12-year-old girl who died from flu speaks out
- Positively Tennessee: Snidow making a difference with staff, patients at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital