SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Spanish actor Antonio Banderas on Monday revealed he has tested positive for coronavirus on his 60th birthday.
Banderas took to social media to share the news.
“I want to make it public that today, Aug. 10, I am forced to celebrate my 60th birthday in quarantine, having tested positive for the COVID-19 disease, caused by the coronavirus,” the star tweeted in Spanish.
Banderas said he is quarantining and will “take advantage of this isolation to read, write, rest, and continue making plans.”
“I would like to add that I feel relatively good, just a little more tired than usual, and am confident that I will recover as soon as possible following medical instructions that I hope will allow me to overcome the infectious period that I am suffering, and that is affecting so many people around the planet,” Banderas added.
- Police: Woman breaks into Michigan home, climbs into bed with couple
- Moderna vaccine remains 90 percent effective after 6 months, company says
- $13.5M for Knoxville ballpark included in Gov. Lee’s administrative budget
- A school resource officer’s duty: Build trust and protect the kids
- Fireball captured exploding in sky over Florida was a meteor, NWS confirms