A local non-profit is aiming to raise over $100,000 and bring the community together through the mass appeal of bowling.
“Bowl for Kids’ Sake” is the largest annual fundraiser for Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tennessee. The organization is a member agency of the oldest and largest youth mentoring organization in the United States, consisting of more than 350 agencies nationwide.
The group’s goal is to raise $125,000 to help them match 125 children with a mentor. Big Brothers Big Sisters of East Tenn will host a celebratory party at your local bowling center. Teams register online and raise as much money as possible.
The organization suggests $250 a team, about $50 per bowler for a five person team. Some of the top teams have raised $2,500. Teams will enjoy free bowling before turning in their pledges for goody bags and prizes.
See where and when you can bowl to help Big Brothers Big Sister of East Tenn.
- April 13th, 5pm-8pm, Bass Pro in Bristol
- April 14th, 5pm-8pm, Warpath Lanes in Kingsport
- April 19th, 3pm-7pm, Sevierville Community Center **NEW LOCATION**
- April 21st, 11am-2pm, Crest Bowling Lanes
- April 25th, Noon-4pm, Maple Hall Lanes **NEW LOCATION**
- April 27th, 4pm-9pm, Strike and Spare Western Bowling Alley
- April 28th, Noon-4pm, Strike and Spare Western Bowling Alley
Contact Kristy Smith at 865-523-9455 for more details or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.