KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The East Tennessee Preservation Alliance is asking the public to submit nominations of endangered historic sites by March 30.
The historic sites need to be located within Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainger, Hamblen, Jefferson, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Sevier, Scott or Union counties.
The 2020 Endangered Places list will be announced on Friday, May 22nd during the East Tennessee Preservation Conference. The organization seeks to develop preservation strategies for each property included on the list. Endangered properties can be saved by working with property owners, developers, government officials, citizens and local organizations to find preservation solutions that work.
Eligible nominations should include the following information:
- Nature of the threat to the property
- Name and contact information for the individual or group submitting the nomination
- Any known historical information about the property
- Name and contact information for the current property owner
The nomination form can be found here.
After filling out the form to its completion, email it to: Hollie Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org
Again – the deadline for nomination submissions is Monday, March 30.
- Bodycam video: Michigan officer punches man during traffic stop over littering
- Florida couple attempts to hold wedding at mansion they did not own
- Louisiana teen saves elderly woman from fire
- Meet the man in a bear suit walking from Los Angeles to San Francisco
- Burning Man mulling mandatory COVID-19 vaccines for August