Loudon, Tenn. (WATE) — The Petco Foundation has selected East Tennessee Mini Horse and Donkey Rescue as a finalist for its Holiday Wishes grant program.
MORE ONLINE | Vote for East Tennessee Mini Horse and Donkey Rescue
ETMHD rescue began a therapy horse program with Annabelle. The mini horse visits children’s hospitals, nursing homes, classrooms, and battered women and children’s shelters.
The 80 finalists now advance to a vote where the top five will get an additional $25,000 for their cause. There is still time to vote. The deadline is 1 p.m. Dec. 20.
The pet supply store’s foundation has given $4.2 million since 2012 to animal welfare organizations.
- Blount County Sheriff’s Office searching for teen missing since April 15
- Lee: National Guard faces ‘tremendous challenge’ in DC
- Kanye West donates $2M, funds college tuition plan for George Floyd’s daughter
- 8-year-old North Carolina girl dies after battling COVID-19
- Community support for Knoxville Junteenth event