Sevierville is getting ready to host one of the American Cancer Society’s biggest fundraisers that will help bring awareness to one of the nation’s biggest killers.
Relay For Life will hold its annual Relay For Life event, Saturday, June 2nd. This event started in Sevier County in 1999 by Emily Kile. Over the 20 years, passionate volunteers have raised over $3.8 million. This year’s event will celebrate 20 years of Hometown Hope.
The event is celebrates cancer survivors, raises cancer awareness, and raises money for American Cancer Society.
The event will be held in Downtown Sevierville, Saturday, June 2nd, from noon to midnight.
- Noon Welcome, Sponsor recognition, First Lap by Relay teams
- 12:30 p.m. Activities & entertainment
- 5:00 p.m. Official Opening Ceremony and Survivor/Caregiver Ceremony .
- 7:00 p.m. Anniversary ceremony
- 8:30 p.m. Live Auction
- 9:30 p.m. Luminaria Ceremony
- 11:00 p.m. Womanless Beauty Pageant
- Midnight Closing Ceremony
Survivors and caregivers are invited to join the Survivor/Caregiver lap. Visit the Survivor tent before 5:00 p.m. Contact ACS office in Knoxville for information about being a team or sponsor.
Admission is free. Event is family friendly & fun! If unable to attend the event, people can donate online at relayforlife.org/seviertn, or at cancer.org.