ALCOA, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Valley Authority announced Wednesday a planned power outage for parts of Alcoa this weekend.
The TVA will be conducting some maintenance and repairs at its Duncan Substation.
City of Alcoa Electric customers on 17 different roads can expect the outage to last around two hours.
The Duncan Substation feeds the northeastern portion of Alcoa’s electric system that includes:
- E. Hunt Road
- Alcoa Trail
- Williams Mill
- Martin Mill
- Glover Road
- Tarklin Valley
- Nails Creek
- Cave Mill
- Sam Houston School Road
- Peppermint Hills
- Hitch Road
- Eagleton Village
- Jackson Hills
- Mt. Lebanon Road
- a portion of E. Broadway
The scheduled power outage will begin at 1:00 a.m. the morning of Sunday, February 2, 2020.
- State lawmaker plans to push for universal background checks after new state law allows permitless carry
- Weather Aware: Early scattered storms giving way to clearer skies
- Person sent to hospital with burn injuries after early morning Knox County fire
- Red Cross volunteer shares experience in tornado aftermath cleanup efforts
- No injuries reported in East Knoxville train derailment