KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The University of Tennessee, Knoxville announced Thursday that it was raising money to support the disaster relief efforts in Middle Tennessee after Tuesday’s deadly tornadoes.
“Thousands of Tennesseans are dealing with the loss of loved ones, displacement from their homes, damaged businesses and infrastructure, transportation hardships, and a lack of basic necessities,” UTK officials stated. “As Volunteers, we are known for lending a helping hand or offering assistance to those in need, and Middle Tennessee could use your support.”
A link to the VOLstarter fundraising page was shared in the announcement. The university saying it will identify organizations to receive the funds, with a goal of providing immediate and long-term assistance.
How you can help
If you would like to donate to relief efforts, you can do so on the Middle Tennessee Disaster Relief VOLstarter fundraising page, click here.
- Missing 11-year-old found safe, according to KPD
- TBI identifies man killed during officer-involved shooting
- Biden, Pres. Trump campaigns continue into the final weekend of the presidential race
- Watch out for these popular, but untrue stories from social media this past week
- Salt Life co-founder arrested after teen found dead in hotel room