KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Tazewell Pike has reopened after Knox County authorities responded to a fatal crash involving a pedestrian early Tuesday.
The Knox County Rural Metro Fire Department and Knox County Rescue responded to a fatal crash on Tazewell Pike at Carter Road around 6 a.m. Tuesday. The crash involves a pedestrian, Tennessee Department of Transportation spokesperson Mark Nagi said.
Tazewell Pike at Atkins Road reopened just after 8 a.m.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- Clinton Dragons looking for a culture change in 2021
- Knoxville City Council votes to review policies for stopping racist and sexist practices within city government
- Knoxville City Council names African American Equity Restoration task force members
- ‘About time’: Gay athletes unleash rainbow wave on Olympics
- Monroe County Commission votes to approve new animal shelter