NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency is warning residents about a scam fishing license website.
TWRA says a scam website fishing for your personal information appears when you search on Google, “Tennessee fishing license.” The site asks you to enter your personal information, such as name, date of birth, social security number, driver’s license number, phone number, email address and residential address but does not ask for payment.
The state’s only official site for buying official Tennessee hunting and fishing licenses is https://gooutdoorstennessee.com/. State officials are working to have the fake site shut down.
The scam website appears to have been created outside of the United States.
The TWRA encourages anyone who has submitted information through this scamming site to monitor or freeze their credit.
- 6 Things to Know about giant anteaters
- Lawmakers push for Senate vote on bill expanding background checks
- Coronavirus: How to protect yourself
- SCSO Jail record information: Megan Boswell not pregnant
- Lawmakers divided over Pence being chosen to lead federal coronavirus response