NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Democrat presidential nominee Joe Biden has thrown his support for U.S. Senate candidate Marquita Bradshaw.
Bradshaw’s opponent, Republican Bill Hagerty, was endorsed by President Donald Trump last year before the GOP candidate had officially jumped in the race.
Bradshaw — the first Black women to secure a statewide nomination in Tennessee — had previously been endorsed by the Democratic Socialists of America, Sen. Bernie Sanders and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.
The open U.S. Senate seat has become the top political race in Tennessee after GOP Sen. Lamar Alexander announced he would retire at the end of his term.
- Dominion Voting Systems sues Trump lawyer Sidney Powell for defamation
- Republicans split on President Trump’s responsibility in violence on Capitol Hill
- President Trump releases new video condemning violence; commits to peaceful transfer of power
- Blackburn, Hagerty vote to certify Arizona’s Electoral College results
- Congress certifies Biden’s Electoral College win