SCOTLAND (CNN) – Briton Jesse Dufton has just 1% of his vision but he became the first blind person to lead a climb up Old Man of Hoy sea stack in the Orkney Islands off the Scottish coast.
The first man to climb up the column was mountaineer Chris Bonington in 1966.
Dufton led his sighted fiancee Molly Thompson during a seven-hour scale up the extremely severe rated east face route.
Dufton says the tactile nature of climbing is “Meditative.” to him.
- Manatee County students evacuated from school bus following body spray debacle
- WATCH: Candlelight vigil for fallen officer Stephen Carr
- LCSO searching for “real life Grinch” after caught on camera stealing packages off porches
- Senate prepares for possible impeachment trial
- Montana dog found in West Virginia starts journey home for the holidays