MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Blount County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to beware of another phone scam.
The department says scammers are posing as a sheriff’s deputy and harassing citizens with fake phone calls.
The sheriff’s office says it only became aware of the scam on Monday. The scammer claims to be Sergeant McAlister of the Blount County Sheriff’s Office.
Scammers are spoofing the number to make the call appear as if the call is coming from the sheriff’s office mainline
We’re told there is no Sergeant McAlister at the Blount County Sheriff’s Office.
- Newsfeed Now: “Glee” star goes missing; Remembering Charlie Daniels
- Supreme Court says Manhattan district attorney can get Trump tax records
- All Knox County Public Libraries to reopen on July 17
- VIRAL VIDEO: COVID-19 through the eyes of a four-year-old
- Layoffs stuck at high level as 1.3 million seek jobless aid