MARYVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Blount County Sheriff’s Office is asking the public to beware of another phone scam.
The department says scammers are posing as a sheriff’s deputy and harassing citizens with fake phone calls.
The sheriff’s office says it only became aware of the scam on Monday. The scammer claims to be Sergeant McAlister of the Blount County Sheriff’s Office.
Scammers are spoofing the number to make the call appear as if the call is coming from the sheriff’s office mainline
We’re told there is no Sergeant McAlister at the Blount County Sheriff’s Office.
- Friday Frenzy Week 10 final scores from across the state
- Pregnant ESPN reporter fires back after ‘troll’ tries to body-shame her
- WATCH: Friday Frenzy Week 10 game highlights
- See the 71 movies titles coming to Netflix in November
- Asteroid samples escaping from jammed NASA spacecraft: ‘Time is of the essence’