OPELIKA, Ala. (WRBL) – A grizzly discovery early this morning in Opelika by a trash collector leads to a murder investigation in the City of Opelika.
The body of 24-year-old Ker’detrius Mercer of Salem was discovered around 3:00 a.m. at Hickory Haven Trailer Park in the 800 Block of Crawford Road. The trash collector was picking up their load at the dumpster when they saw a body and called the police. Mercer had a gunshot wound, and was in the roadway. Lee County Coroner Daniel Sexton has notified the family.
As of Saturday morning an arrest has not been made.
- Why Biden is keeping his distance from Georgia’s Senate runoff
- Reports: Tennessee’s Alex Golesh accepts USF head coaching job
- ‘How about me?’ Man’s Facebook comment puts him behind bars
- Anderson County football brings home first ever state title
- You may receive a smaller tax refund in 2023 — here’s why
Opelika police need the public’s assistance in solving this homicide. If you have any information, please contact the Opelika Police Department at (334) 705-5200 or the Secret Witness Hotline at (334) 745-8665. Tips can be submitted through the Opelika Police Mobile App. You can remain anonymous