SEVIER COUNTY, Tenn. (WATE) – The Sevier County Sheriff’s Office confirmed they are investigating after a body was found Thursday morning.
Sevier County deputies responded to a report of a body in the 3600 block of Boogertown Road Thursday just before 7 a.m. A deceased woman was found in the grass near the edge of a parking lot at Oldham’s Creek Baptist Church.
Investigators from the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office and Sevier County Medical Examiner’s Office responded to the scene and are currently working to positively identify the victim and an autopsy will be conducted to determine the cause of death.
This is a developing story and we’ll continue to update the details as they become available.
- LIVE: Pres. Trump’s address at 75th annual UN General Assembly
- Annual Power Of The Purse is going virtual
- Louisville police chief declares state of emergency for department ahead of Breonna Taylor case update
- New Hampshire man wins contest with 1-ton pumpkin
- Does the coronavirus spread easily among children?