KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville police confirmed Tuesday they’ve recovered the body of a Strawberry Plains woman who went missing almost three weeks ago.
The Knoxville Police Department announced Tuesday that the body of 36-year-old Stefanie Johnson was recovered on Sunday. She was reported missing on Dec. 7 and last seen on Nov. 27.
Johnson had last been seen around 7 a.m. on Nov. 27 at the Clarion Inn on Central Avenue Pike, police said.
Knox County Sheriff Tom Spangler said authorities are now waiting for the results of an autopsy. KCSO’s Major Crimes Unit is conducting the death investigation.
- Texas man killed after being shot and run over by car; juvenile girl charged with murder
- Police: Girl filmed while being attacked by group on New York school property
- Reps: Singers Kacey Musgraves, Ruston Kelly file for divorce
- 8-year-old killed in shooting at Riverchase Galleria, 3 others injured
- Anderson County to move forward with fireworks show