KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Knoxville police confirmed Tuesday they’ve recovered the body of a Strawberry Plains woman who went missing almost three weeks ago.
The Knoxville Police Department announced Tuesday that the body of 36-year-old Stefanie Johnson was recovered on Sunday. She was reported missing on Dec. 7 and last seen on Nov. 27.
Johnson had last been seen around 7 a.m. on Nov. 27 at the Clarion Inn on Central Avenue Pike, police said.
Knox County Sheriff Tom Spangler said authorities are now waiting for the results of an autopsy. KCSO’s Major Crimes Unit is conducting the death investigation.
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits
- New UT Director of Athletics Danny White’s coaching hires have proven successful