KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, one America’s most popular music festivals, announced the cancellation of its 2020 rescheduled dates on Thursday.
Bonnaroo announced Thursday on its official social media channels the festival will not take place on September 24-27, 2020. The festival will now celebrate its 18th year on June 17-20, 2021.
Ticket holders will receive an email on how to roll over tickets to 2021 or receive a refund.
GALLERY: The 2020 Bonnaroo lineup in photos
The festival, originally slated to take place June 11-14 in Manchester, Tennessee, was rescheduled to late September after the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
R&B star Lizzo had been announced as the first-ever female headliner in the 17-year history of the festival. Organizers had also announced the festival’s earliest ever sell-out in late February.
- Knox County parents anxiously wait for FDA approval of Pfizer vaccine for kids ages 5-11
- Hazard, Kentucky high school assembly has parents upset
- Woman fired after asking to bring oxygen to work will be paid thousands
- Charter boat captain discovers, likely saves lives of 25 migrants adrift at sea off San Diego coast
- After starting vaccination drive, 14,000 children told they now have to wait for COVID-19 shots