KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, one America’s most popular music festivals, announced the cancellation of its 2020 rescheduled dates on Thursday.
Bonnaroo announced Thursday on its official social media channels the festival will not take place on September 24-27, 2020. The festival will now celebrate its 18th year on June 17-20, 2021.
Ticket holders will receive an email on how to roll over tickets to 2021 or receive a refund.
GALLERY: The 2020 Bonnaroo lineup in photos
The festival, originally slated to take place June 11-14 in Manchester, Tennessee, was rescheduled to late September after the initial outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic.
R&B star Lizzo had been announced as the first-ever female headliner in the 17-year history of the festival. Organizers had also announced the festival’s earliest ever sell-out in late February.
- Keep the kids busy during winter break
- It’s Santa! Elf Jr. comes to Maryville theatre
- New location requested for retrial of man charged with 2008 murder of Knoxville waitress
- Off-duty Chicago officer accused of urinating in ice machine at Florida bar
- VSP: ‘Human error’ led to accused murderer’s hiring