KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Crews with Rural Metro Fire, Knox County responded to a reported fire in the Halls community Thursday.
The fire was reported in the 6000 block of Langston Drive. The call came in just before 4 p.m.
Rural Metro Fire officials said Thursday afternoon the incident was a working house fire that began in a bedroom.
When fire crews arrived at the scene, RMF officials said they found a bedroom heavily involved with fire extending into the attic, so firefighters made an aggressive attack but the house “sustained substantial damage.”
No injuries were reported and all the occupants had evacuated prior to fire crews’ arrival, RMF said.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
WATE 6 is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made available by officials.
- Package containing ricin and addressed to Trump intercepted by law enforcement
- SEC announces roster, positional guidelines for cancellations
- 2 Knox County commissioners co-sponsor resolution to limit power of board of health
- Tennessee reports 942 new COVID-19 cases, 1,801 new recoveries
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments