KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Knoxville police said Tuesday night that one man had been taken to the hospital with serious injuries following a shooting in a Fort Sanders neighborhood.
According to Knoxville Police Department officials, just before 5 p.m. Tuesday, officers responded to the scene of the shooting with a reported injured victim in the 2200 block of Forest Avenue. Arriving officers found a male gunshot wound victim.
The 20-year-old victim was taken to the University of Tennessee Medical Center with serious injuries but he is expected to recover from the injuries.
The preliminary investigation determined that a black male suspect, described as approximately 5’7” with a thin build, entered the apartment in a possible attempted robbery and shot the victim following a physical altercation.
The suspect then fled the scene in the victim’s newer model white Dodge Charger. Investigators do not believe that this incident was random in nature as suspected narcotics were confiscated from the apartment.
The KPD Violent Crimes Unit investigation is ongoing at this time.
The Violent Crimes Unit is continuing its investigation. If anyone has any information, they are asked to please call the Crime Hotline at 865-215-7212 or message the official KPD Facebook page (@KnoxvillePD). Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- UT researcher arrested on federal charges for wire fraud, making false statements
- Yadkinville PD confirms they are investigating tip that Angela Boswell, boyfriend and Evelyn were spotted at KFC weeks ago
- Democratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar campaigns in Knoxville on Saturday
- It’s National Eating Disorders Awareness Week
- Adding personal flare to your vehicle with Phoenix Conversions