PIGEON FORGE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Pigeon Forge Police Department is investigating a shooting that left one person injured at the Cold Creek Resort Friday afternoon.
Shortly after officers found the victim, they were air-lifted to an area hospital for treatment.
James Tipton does maintenance work at the resort. He says he never heard a commotion, an argument. He says he went to the store and when he came back, there was blood everywhere.
“I just started following the blood trail. I come in here and find him in the room inside the door right here covered in blood and then by then we called the cops and the ambulance and had him come out here and wait in front.” Tipton said.
Tipton says guns are not allowed at the resort under any circumstances.
There is no other information at this time, this investigation remains ongoing.
Police responding to shooting in Pigeon Forge
EARLIER: Law enforcement officers are on the scene of a reported shooting at the Cold Creek Resort.
WATE has a news crew on the way to the scene.
This is a developing story, and we will provide the latest information as it becomes available.
- Newsfeed Now: Moderna seeking emergency use authorization for COVID-19 vaccine; young genius makes history
- Brightly burning meteor seen across wide areas of Japan
- PHOTOS: White House Christmas decorations revealed
- Small earthquake reported in East Tennessee early Monday
- Blount County Schools to require masks for all students, faculty and visitors