KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — UPDATE: Rural Metro Fire responded to a house fire at the 2500 block of Belt Road Tuesday afternoon.
When crews arrived, everyone was already out of the home.
Crews were able to extinguish the fire, but heat and smoke damage were throughout the house.
The American Red Cross is taking care of the displaced occupants; no injuries were reported and the cause of the fire is under investigation.
EARLIER: Crews with Rural Metro Fire, Knox County responded to a reported house fire in South Knox County Tuesday afternoon.
Rural Metro tweeted about the incident, calling it a “working house fire” in the 2500 block of Belt Road.
This is a developing story. Check back with WATE 6 On Your Side for updates as they’re made available.
- Skull found at Michigan home of man killed in East Tennessee officer-involved shooting
- US may ban TikTok and other Chinese social media, Pompeo says
- Garth Brooks, Trisha Yearwood quarantining after possible exposure to COVID-19
- US warns against Mexican sanitizer gel containing methanol
- Racist remarks go viral after Black Lives Matter protest in Elizabethton