(WATE) — UPDATE — The TBI said the children have been located and are safe.
Jason Simon has been taken into custody, according to Erwin Police Chief Regan Tilson.
No further details were yet available; however, the mother and father of the children were later charged:
ERWIN, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation issued an AMBER Alert for two children out of Unicoi County Wednesday night who may be with a man wanted on kidnapping charges.
The TBI is asking for the public’s help to find 5-year-old Koraleigh Simon and 6-year-old Kayson Jones, who are missing from Erwin. Both children may be with Jason Simon. He is wanted by the Erwin Police Department on kidnapping charges.
According to the TBI, Koraleigh and Kayson were last seen earlier Wednesday in Erwin. Jason Simon, 38, is the non-custodial father of both children. He’s charged with kidnapping.
At this time, the TBI did not have a vehicle description to pass along.
Anyone who may know of their whereabouts is asked to call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
- Bill limiting authority of health boards in Tennessee advances
- Company adapts discontinued waffle recipe for boy with autism
- Task force briefs lawmakers on Capitol security 2 months after riot
- Prince Harry says inheritance from Princess Diana made it possible to leave royal family
- Brunch is served! Baked Eggs Pastry Tart