BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday night that Megan Boswell, the mother of missing toddler Evelyn Boswell had been taken into custody.
Evelyn is still missing.
Megan “Maggie” Boswell was charged with False Reporting.
The AMBER Alert remains active, the TBI said.
Evelyn Boswell remains missing and an AMBER Alert remains in effect. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
Megan Boswell is being held in the Sullivan County Jail on a $25,000 bond. She was arraigned Wednesday in a Sullivan County court. Her next court date is set for Monday, March 2.
This is a developing story.
SEE ALSO >> Search for Evelyn Boswell: A timeline of events
- On Your Side: What to know if you received a stimulus prepaid debit card payment
- Family autopsy: Floyd asphyxiated by sustained pressure
- Nearly 26,000 nursing home COVID-19 deaths reported to feds
- Anderson County Fair canceled amid coronavirus concerns
- Obama condemns violent protests, suggests channeling ‘our justifiable anger’