BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said Tuesday night that Megan Boswell, the mother of missing toddler Evelyn Boswell had been taken into custody.
Evelyn is still missing.
Megan “Maggie” Boswell was charged with False Reporting.
The AMBER Alert remains active, the TBI said.
Evelyn Boswell remains missing and an AMBER Alert remains in effect. Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
Megan Boswell is being held in the Sullivan County Jail on a $25,000 bond. She was arraigned Wednesday in a Sullivan County court. Her next court date is set for Monday, March 2.
This is a developing story.
SEE ALSO >> Search for Evelyn Boswell: A timeline of events
- Live: Capitol Police chief testifies before Congress amid scrutiny over riot security failings
- Lady Gaga’s dog walker shot, two dogs taken, reports say
- Foul play suspected in death investigation of Tazewell man
- Newsfeed Now: Dead cat left in parking lot of Chinese American butcher’s shop; Ballet student goes viral on TikTok
- BLM launches Survival Fund to assist those in need waiting for federal pandemic relief