(WTNH) — Breakstone is recalling several varieties of its cottage cheese over possible red plastics and metal contamination.
The company said the foreign objects may have been put in the dairy products during production.
Roughly 9,500 cases of cottage cheese are impacted.
Products included in the recall are Breakstone’s 16 oz 2% Milkfat Lowfat Large Curd Cottage Cheese, 24 oz 4% Milkfat Large Curd Cottage Cheese and 24 oz 4% Milkfat Small Curd Cottage Cheese.
So far, six consumer complaints have been filed. No injuries or illnesses have been reported.
“We deeply regret this situation and apologize to any consumers we have disappointed,” the company said.
Customers who purchased any of the listed items should return it to the store for an exchange or full refund.
Those with questions can call the company at (866) 572-3805.
- From behind nursing home window, Colorado woman meets grandson she never knew
- White House releases statement on weekend house party in East Nashville
- Video shows Florida man angry over COVID-19 barrier attack driver, deputies say
- Second stimulus checks: Sides hope to reach deal this week on package with $1,200 payments
- Clorox wipes shortage is expected to last into 2021