KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — Congressman Tim Burchett (R-Knoxville) believes the recently passed stimulus bill should be vetoed.
“We need a coronavirus relief bill with no strings attached, and President (Donald) Trump should veto this bill,” Burchett said in a statement.
“Struggling families and small businesses get pennies while billions of American taxpayer dollars are sent overseas. My colleagues and I need to get back to Washington and work through Christmas to make this right.”
Burchett has represented the 2nd District of Tennessee since January 2019, after spending 16 years in the state Legislature. He serves on the House Budget, Foreign Affairs, and Small Business committees.
- $1.6M renovation to transform Claude Walker Park in East Knoxville
- Knoxville Police make 4 arrests in 25-hour span along Cumberland Ave for drugs, weapons charges
- Knox Pro Soccer narrowing down team names this week
- Newsfeed Now: States & businesses rethink masks rules after CDC update; School bus driver honored after hijacking
- Learning loss, summer school, teacher pay: One-on-one with Tennessee education commissioner