(WATE) — Big news for Volkswagen America and East Tennessee.
The automaker has announced it is breaking ground on a U.S. lab for testing electric vehicle batteries.
The approximately $22 million facility will be built in Chattanooga near its new electric vehicle production and battery pack assembly facilities.
To learn more about Volkswagen, go to: www.vw.com.
- Catching up with Cameron Brate ahead of playoff matchup with Saints
- LIVE: Biden outlines plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Resolve to save and serve with the Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive