KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The U.S. Secretary of Labor during his stop in Knoxville announced a $2.7 million grant for people leaving the criminal justice system now looking for work.
Secretary Eugene Scalia, spoke of employment opportunity grants to support men and women leaving the justice system and make meaningful contributions to their communities.
Some $26 million of these federal grants are for Young Adult Reentry Partnership grants and another $65 million are halfway home grants to help adults with education, training and counseling.
LATEST BUSINESS BUZZ
- Job fair coming up in Sevier County
- The Business Buzz: Dollywood looking to fill multiple positions
- Weigel’s hiring at multiple locations
- Maryville IT company looking to fill pair of full-time positions
- Knoxville Chamber offering employee hiring page