UPDATE: Laurel Creek Road and Cades Cove Loop Road have reopened after a rock slide early Wednesday.
GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A popular road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park has been temporarily blocked Wednesday after a rock slide.
Park officials said the opening of Cades Cove Loop Road would be delayed Thursday after a rock slide on Laurel Creek Road. There is no timetable for reopening at this time.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park launched vehicle-free Wednesdays in Cades Cove last week as part of a pilot study in order to improve the visitor experience.
- 6 Things to Know about UT AD Danny White’s first press conference
- West Hills Elementary, Central High move to online learning beginning Jan. 25.
- Tennessee makes Danny White the 2nd-highest paid athletic director in the country
- Simple Brown Butter Biscuits
- New UT Director of Athletics Danny White’s coaching hires have proven successful