UPDATE: Laurel Creek Road and Cades Cove Loop Road have reopened after a rock slide early Wednesday.
GATLINBURG, Tenn. (WATE) – A popular road in Great Smoky Mountains National Park has been temporarily blocked Wednesday after a rock slide.
Park officials said the opening of Cades Cove Loop Road would be delayed Thursday after a rock slide on Laurel Creek Road. There is no timetable for reopening at this time.
Great Smoky Mountains National Park launched vehicle-free Wednesdays in Cades Cove last week as part of a pilot study in order to improve the visitor experience.
- Man who rode through San Francisco Bay Area in back of driverless Tesla arrested
- Pandemic pet boom has veterinarians backlogged, burned out
- Oklahoma woman loses feet to COVID-19, husband never leaves her side
- Woman accused of shooting a mother, kidnapping her twin newborns in Savannah
- Knox Pride seeking entertainment for virtual festival