TAZEWELL, Tenn. (WATE) – One man is in the hospital suffering from life-threatening injuries after being shot by his brother, according to the Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office.
The Claiborne County Sheriff’s Office said that on Thursday just before 10 a.m., its deputies and detectives responded to a reported shooting call on Payne Circle and learned that a domestic dispute between two brothers escalated to a shooting.
Investigators believe that Matthew David Overton 55, shot his brother, Adam Robert Overton 51.
Adam Robert Overton was airlifted to the University of Tennessee Medical Center in Knoxville, the sheriff’s office said, with what appeared to be life-threatening injuries.
Matthew David Overton has been charged with attempted criminal homicide by Claiborne County Sheriff’s Detectives and is currently being held in the Claiborne County Jail.
WATE 6 On Your Side is working to learn more and will update as additional details are made available.
- Man buys Olivia Newton-John’s ‘Grease’ jacket for 243k, gives it back to her
- Samuel L. Jackson will soon be able to voice your Alexa, cursing optional
- Alabama police officer shot while responding to call
- Funeral for Halls man Jackie Harrison set for this weekend
- Dump truck stolen from Bulls Gap home