(CNN) — The CDC has released new preliminary data about the impact of the current flu season.
The agency estimates that — between October and the end of January — there were between 19-and 26-million flu-related illnesses in the US and up to 25,000 deaths.
The CDC has a couple of warnings about this data.
It’s preliminary and there may be even more cases.
Also, these are estimated ranges that were calculated using weekly surveillance data along with data from prior seasons.
- Infant dead after apparent attack by family dog in Virginia
- Florida man received $1.9 million in coronavirus relief funds, used money to buy Mercedes, prosecutors say
- Mighty Spark partners with Kroger to donate meals to families in need
- NASA discovers water on the sunlit surface of Moon
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s where we stand as a new week begins