KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) — The star of the latest Broadway musical to grace the Tennessee Theater stage made her way back to her high school alma mater on Friday.
Bailey McCall, who plays Jenna in the musical “Waitress,” visited Central High School just before curtains go up on the first of five shows this weekend.
McCall got the chance to speak with current students and share her experience with the musical.
“Waitress” tells the story of Jenna, a waitress and expert pie-maker who dreams of a way out of her small town and rocky marriage. A baking contest offers her a chance at a new start as she offers her special desserts such as “Betrayed By My Eggs Pie.”
The showtimes are 8 p.m. Friday, Feb. 28; 2 and 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 29; and 1:30 and 7 p.m. on Sunday, March 1.
Tickets can be purchased online at www.tennesseetheatre.com/events, by calling the box office at 865-684-1200 or by visiting the box office on Clinch Avenue.
- Clinton restaurant Apple Blossom Cafe delivering 315 meals to seniors amid pandemic
- Democrats want to eliminate qualified immunity doctrine
- Humane Society of Tenn. Valley settling cats vs. dog debate with fundraiser
- Knoxville Police Department says it adheres to most policies of the ‘8 Can’t Wait’ project
- Last chance to get Girl Scout cookies Saturday at drive-thru booth