KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – City leaders have broken ground on a new affordable housing complex in East Knoxville.
The new Burlington Commons will have 50 units. The affordable apartment complex will be located along Holston Drive.
Knoxville Mayor Indya Kincannon said that the city has invested nearly $1.5 million dollars to help finance the project.
Developers expect the project to be completed in Fall of 2021.
“These new apartments will help fill a gap in our city’s urgent need for affordable rental housing,” said Becky Wade, Director of the City’s Housing and Neighborhood Development Department.
- Oak Ridge participating in Toys for Tots toy drive
- Oak Ridge Christmas Parade going in ‘reverse’
- UT Medical Center breaks ground on new orthopedic surgery, research institute
- Knox County program helps pay utility bills with CARES Act funding
- Final weekend of BOO! at the Zoo sells out