KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Law enforcement agencies all around our region are joining the national “click it or ticket” campaign.
The seatbelt safety campaign officially gets underway Monday. It’s a two-week seat initiative to make drivers aware of the importance of wearing a seatbelt.
The Tennessee Highway Safety Office is partnering with agencies across the state.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration nearly 10,000 people who were not wearing their seatbelts were killed in crashes in 2018.
The campaign runs through the Thanksgiving holiday weekend.
- LIVE: Biden outlines plan to ramp up COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- House Democrats revive push to abolish Electoral College
- Resolve to save and serve with the Knoxville Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Jared Goff to start for Rams in Green Bay; Wolford inactive
- Knox County announces, fills 150 more vaccine appointments in less than 20 minutes