KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Construction of the brand-new birthing center at Tennova Healthcare’s North Knoxville Medical Center in Powell is nearly complete.
Crews are now working on the finishing touches.
The 17,500-square-foot maternity unit features private patient rooms, eight birthing suites for labor, delivery and recovery as well as a fully-equipped newborn nursery and c-section operating room.
The birthing center is expected to be fully operational in early February pending a certificate of occupancy from the Tennessee Department of Health.
- Knoxville Police investigating shooting on Magnolia Avenue
- Knoxville Catholic cancels Friday night football game against Science Hill due to COVID-19 concern
- Pumpkin Spice mac-and-cheese? Kraft is bringing it to the US
- Mom’s remains disappear after being mailed to wrong address
- Bell County Sheriff’s Office hires first full-time female road deputy