KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – Construction of the brand-new birthing center at Tennova Healthcare’s North Knoxville Medical Center in Powell is nearly complete.
Crews are now working on the finishing touches.
The 17,500-square-foot maternity unit features private patient rooms, eight birthing suites for labor, delivery and recovery as well as a fully-equipped newborn nursery and c-section operating room.
The birthing center is expected to be fully operational in early February pending a certificate of occupancy from the Tennessee Department of Health.
- Boy seeking 2nd heart transplant asks for Valentine’s Day cards
- Police: Middle TN man nearly beat wife to death over wardrobe choice
- New collar translates your dog’s barks into cuss words
- Alcoa axe house featured on ‘The Bachelor’ to hold special watch party on Monday
- Knoxville post office holding passport fair Monday