GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- WATCH LIVE: Crowds gather at National Civil Rights Museum for protest
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: At least 5 arrested, no officers injured at Metro Police central precinct
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Organizers say violent protesters probably not from the original rally
- Protests heat up across US, governors call in National Guard
- Nashville ‘I Will Breathe’: Smoke canisters deployed on protesters on Broadway