GEORGIA (WFLA) — A convicted rapist is on the run after being released from prison by mistake.
Tony Maycon Munoz-Mendez was released on accident from Rogers State Prison in Reidsville Oct. 25 around 11:30 a.m.
Munoz-Mendez was serving time after being convicted of rape and aggravated child molestation charges in Gwinnett County.
He began serving a life sentence in April 2015.
Anyone who sees Munoz-Mendez is urged not to approach him, but instead call 911 immediately.
- Loudon County leaders making progress in restoring fire-damaged courthouse
- No. 23 Lady Vols improve to 5-0 with 73-46 win over Stetson
- Kentucky man and woman charged with multiple drug and gun charges
- Congressmen push for Global War on Terror memorial
- USMCA held up in Washington: Democrats, GOP blame each other