KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The Knox County Health Department updated its total number of positive COVID-19 cases on Wednesday.
Knox County officials reported a total of 20 positive local cases on the health department website Wednesday in the first of what will be daily updates on the total number of local cases. The Tennessee Department of Health reported 15 confirmed cases in Knox County on Tuesday.
Knox County has conducted a total of 341 tests. Six of the 20 positive cases have already recovered.
11 of the 20 cases are people aged 18-49 years old. 13 of the 20 cases are female.
The Knox County Health Department will update their numbers daily at 11 a.m. on covid.knoxcountytn.gov.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party