KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) – The total number of active cases in Knox County surpassed 500 on Tuesday as the Knox County Health Department reported 70 new cases, a 5.4% increase in the total case count.
The total number of active cases in Knox County is now 563.
Knox County lists 30 probable cases of COVID-19 currently on the county website.
There are 19 Knox County patients currently hospitalized, down from 20 on Monday.
Of the 1,366 total cases seen in Knox County, 93 of them have resulted in hospitalization at any point during the illness.
Health Department officials reported the first death from the coronavirus since April last week, two deaths on Sunday, and the ninth total death in the county on Monday.
Two new recovered cases were reported Tuesday. The total number of recoveries is now 764. Recovered cases refer to those who have been released from isolation after 10 days from their onset of symptoms, plus 72 hours of being symptom-free. Recovered does not mean necessarily the person had to be hospitalized.
The Knox County Health Department updates its numbers daily at 11 a.m. Visit covid.knoxcountytn.gov for more information.
- Coronavirus Timeline: Total COVID-19 cases near 175K, deaths now stand at 2,097 in the state
- CHART: Tennessee Department of Health’s count of coronavirus cases by day in state
- Greene County mayor extends mask mandate through September 30
- Video and pictures of packed house party near KU campus spark concern as virus cases rise
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Two weeks into September, state has seen a 12.48% increase in COVID-19 cases and a 19.56% increase in deaths
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Knox County reports smallest 1-day increase in new cases so far in September
- Oxford and AstraZeneca resume coronavirus vaccine trial
- Tennessee Coronavirus: Total COVID-19 cases reach 171,824 with 933 new cases reported Sunday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 204 as Knox County reports 121 new cases & no new deaths
- As Trump played down virus, health experts’ alarm grew
- Dakotas lead US in virus growth as both reject mask rules
- Tennessee Coronavirus: COVID-19 deaths hit 2,064 with 39 new ones reported Saturday
- Coronavirus in Tennessee: Inactive cases rise by 229 as Knox County reports 189 new cases & 3 new deaths
- As restaurants, bars re-open amid coronavirus, CDC study urges caution
- Ohio college students test positive for coronavirus, throw party